What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Continental C-65 cylinder overhaul?

N941WR

Legacy Member
I have a friend who's Continental C-65 puked a valve after 45 HSMO. When he pulled the cylinder he found the compression rings in upside down and a few other "discrepancies".

He asked me if I knew of anyone reputable that could overhaul all for cylinders and do so quickly for a reasonable price. The guy is retired and doesn't have a lot of cash laying around.

Again, this has to be someone reputable and preferably someone you have dealt with. We both have read all the ads in Trade-a-Plane, so please don't just post a name and number from some ad.

Thanks!

guy at KLKR

Bill,

Carl Stutsman, an A&P at Lancaster KLKR, is very experienced and fairly priced, solid gold as far as I'm concerned. He would probably be a good person to ask for a lead on a shop.

Don's Dream Machines

Don Swords, A&P, I/A, DAR, DME, probably knows as much about small Continentals as anyone out there. I spoke with him a few times when I was going to have my C-85 overhauled. This is who I would have used had I not sold my Luscombe before overhauling.

http://www.donsdreammachines.com/site/

Here's another vote for using Don Swords. He is the guru on the small Continental.

Interestingly enough, I just sold my Luscombe too. Great little airplanes.

I had a technical question about C-75's and called Continental. They referred me to Don's Dream Machines. Seems like a manufacturer recommendation to me.

Yup ... Don's the man

Don Swords, A&P, I/A, DAR, DME, probably knows as much about small Continentals as anyone out there. I spoke with him a few times when I was going to have my C-85 overhauled. This is who I would have used had I not sold my Luscombe before overhauling.

http://www.donsdreammachines.com/site/

At least in my book. He did our C-65 (Champ) a few years back and is a good guy to chat with about such engine stuff.

Champ running strong (and for sale :))

James

Back