What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Constructive criticism help in Bakersfield

BruceP

Well Known Member
Hi all,
Is there anyone in the neighborhood of Bakersfield that would be willing to come to my home and look at my progress on my RV9A? I am getting pretty close to finishing firewall forward and have wired up 95%+ of the electrical system and panel. I have a dual Dynon Skyview system as well as a Vertical Power VP-400 and dual P-Mags. I live on the Northeast side of Bakersfield and my plane is currently in my garage. I would like someone to give a critical constructive bit of feedback before I rivet on the top forward skin and move the plane to an airport this summer. Thanks!

Hi Bruce,

I'm a couple of years behind you in my build, but if you'd still like a second set of eyes on your project, let me know at cessna170bdriver(at)yahoo(dot)com. Also, there are a couple of technical counselors at EAA Chapter 49 in Lancaster that have inspected quite a few RV projects, including mine up here in Tehachapi. They might prefer you pick them up at Municipal (L45), though. Let me know if you'd like contact info.

Thanks guys!

Over the past two weeks I've had the good fortune to meet Miles and the folks up at EAA Chapter 1000 for their fly-in on May 18 at Rosamond Airpark. Thanks to Miles for introducing me and then coming down to give my plane the once over. Also, last weekend Doug Dodson, an EAA Tech Counselor, flew into L45 with his buddy Joe and I picked them up so Doug could do a formal tech inspection of my plane in its current stage of construction. Doug (a Glasair driver) could not have been more professional and helpful in his critique of my plane. If anyone around SoCal is looking for a Tech Counselor I can highly recommend Doug, I'm sure he wouldn't mind me passing along his contact info if you're interested.

Again, thanks to Miles, Doug, and Joe for helping me in the last few weeks, I really do appreciate it!

Bruce,

I don't know how much I helped other than hooking you up with Doug, but it was definitely my pleasure. I believe that your project was Doug's first one since he officially became a Tech Counselor. Sounds like he did a great job. One of the reasons I continue in this activity is the great folks I meet!

Looking forward to seeing you at a Chapter 1000 meeting soon.

Back