What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Connecting EFIS to PM1000

lr172

Well Known Member
I am looking to purchase an intercom and was looking at the PM1000 to keep the cost down. My issue is connecting the EFIS audio. This unit doesn't have the unswitched inputs and I can't use the music input, as it mutes during com transmissions and I don't want the EFIS warning tones muted.

on the PM1000 I noticed wiring inputs for an expansion unit. I assume that the EXP Input will be mixed directly to Intercom audio and in theory this should work. I don't know if this input has special voltage or impedence requirements though.

Has anyone tied this? I have a 10K pot on the audio line from the Dynon EFIS to adjust the volume.

Larry

Attach the radio output and the efis warning to the intercom's radio input. Put a 600 (actual value not critical) ohm resistor in series with each line (2 resistors) to keep one from pulling down the other. This will lower the volumes, check that it is still sufficient.

PM3000A

I would recommend that you consider our intercom that has two switch inputs, exactly what type of input that your EFIS is looking for.

The part number is 11931A

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
Www.ps-engineering.com/pm3000.shtml

I am looking to purchase an intercom and was looking at the PM1000 to keep the cost down. My issue is connecting the EFIS audio. This unit doesn't have the unswitched inputs and I can't use the music input, as it mutes during com transmissions and I don't want the EFIS warning tones muted.

on the PM1000 I noticed wiring inputs for an expansion unit. I assume that the EXP Input will be mixed directly to Intercom audio and in theory this should work. I don't know if this input has special voltage or impedence requirements though.

Has anyone tied this? I have a 10K pot on the audio line from the Dynon EFIS to adjust the volume.

Larry

Mark,

I have a follow up question. I have insulating washers for the headphone and Mic jacks, but not for the 3.5mm stereo input. Can this jack make contact with the panel 7(i.e. grounded) or does it need to be insulated from the panel?

Thanks,

Larry

Back