What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Connecting 16 awg battery bus feed to battery contactor stub?

BJohnson

Well Known Member
I need to connect my 16 awg battery bus feed line from the battery side of the contactor to the battery bus. How have others done this? Where do I get a ring terminal that can crimp to the 16 awg wire (or fusible link) that will fit around the stud from the contactor which is about 3/8 inches in diameter?

Or is there a better way?

Those are standard items, B and C has them I believe.

Also, Stein should have them.

If you check the local NAPA store, they probably have them, but not too sure if there is a difference in materials or quality that you need to worry about.

Perfect!

Thanks for the prompt replies. I don't know why I was thinking that they must not make them in that size for the smaller wire gauges. I need to get out more!

Thanks for the prompt replies. I don't know why I was thinking that they must not make them in that size for the smaller wire gauges. I need to get out more!

We try to keep large size/diameter ring terminals for wires all the way down to awg22...

Cheers,
Stein

Master kit

Stein, I bought your master kit a while back but these were not in the kit. While you can't predict all that might be needed, a few of these for varioius wire sizes for the battery contactor size lugs would be helpful. I did not need nearly as many of the 16 awg - 14 awg fastons and ring terminals so perhaps these can be substituted.

Last edited:
Shout out to Stein!

Came home from work today wishing I had gotten around to ordering the large ring terminals only to find the Stein had taken the initiative to ship some misc sizes to me without asking. Sure I got billed a small amount for shipping, but man, talk about timing! Now I don't have to spend my Friday running around the area hoping local/regional supplies were available!

Thanks!

Back