What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Confirming LEMO plug

MolsonB

I know there are a bunch of posts on installing LEMO plugs, but I just wanted to confirm everything I searched/read. The shields will go to avionics ground bus, and not the devices LO's. I know that part.

1. Does Lemo ground go to avionics ground bus, or Phone LO? I've seen references to Lemo ground as "Audio LO". Which I'm not sure is correct since that is the return line for the power lemo. Leave Phone LO empty then?

2. Does PTT button need to be between Mic LO and Mic PTT or can I use an avionics ground bus to Mic PTT input? I've read both saying just use an avionics ground, and where you have to use Mic LO for the ground of PTT.

PSEng PAC15EX
Phone RT
Phone LF
Phone LO
Mic HI
Mic PTT
Mic LO

Lemo
Power
Ground
Phone LF
Phone RT
Mic HI
Mic LO

The PSE installation manuals are pretty good. Don't assume that shield, ground, and lo all go to the same place. Follow the PSE schematic.

PSE prefers that all shields terminate on their back plate.

Also, you may want to check your PAC15EX warranty. Your warranty may be void if you don't use their harness. This is a clause on many of the PSE models. I'm not familiar with your model.

Sorry I meant to say all shields go to 'ground lug' then lug to av ground bus. Yes I have the PSE schematic, I was just trying to double check from conflicting posts on how people have intrepid the drawings.

I think it's silly PSEng voids any warranty, that's the point of experimental. No other company does and their devices are worth more (GRT, Dynon, etc)

OK I'll stick with, Lemo ground will go to av ground bus and not Phone LO (as some posts have mentioned). And PTT will use Mic Lo, and not an av ground (as some posts have mentioned)

Back