What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition Inspection - Third Party View

lpyoung

I'm New Here
Vic Syracuse completed a condition inspection on our RV-10 today and would highly recommend him.

We got exactly what we were looking for in having Vic do the inspection. Most of the previous inspections had been done by the builder with the last one being done by a local certified aviation shop. The inspections done by the builder were done correctly but he only knew to look for what he knew. The aviation shop also did a fine job but again they did not have any specific RV-10 experience and overlooked some items that would not exist on a certified aircraft.

Vic brought a completely different perspective to the inspection. He has extensive experience and knowledge in the experimental world and has seen most of the issues that builders make. He found items that had been overlooked in all of the previous inspections and when fixed, we will have a much safer plane to fly.

Therefore my encouragement to all builders is to have Vic or at least someone with his experience level conduct one condition inspection for you. I think you will be amazed (as we were) on the issues that are uncovered.

Regards,
Lloyd

Vic did the original airworthiness inspection on my RV10 back in 2011. He did a great job. I highly recommend him.

Vic Who?!

Oh, that guy that writes a column for me every month....seems to know a little bit about airplanes - I think we'll keep him around! ;)

Back