What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition Inspection and Alterations

pmccoy

Well Known Member
Hi All.... it's been several years since I posted on VAF. I have been busy with things in life other then flying my RV9A. I know that's a shame, and I am looking to get back in the air. With that said I have a couple of questions for our local experts.....

#1 - Timing on condition inspections.
My 2023 inspection found a defect in my old Engine Management computer system (Eagle EMS). I have since replaced that with eMag's and a Precision Silver Hawk EX fuel injection system. This replacement/repair took me over a year to complete. Thus my 2023 annual condition inspection was never completed. I am now just about ready to fly the plane again. Can I certify that I have completed a new inspection with a current date, and be good for the next 12 months? I have NOT flown the aircraft since my last annual expired back in 2023, but the time lapse is about a year and a half.

#2 - Do I have to contact my local FSDO with the changes made to the mag's and fuel injection system, or can I just sign off that the plane is ready to fly again?

Thanks for any info
Peter McCoy
Wanting to fly again...
RV9A... 565 hours.

Back