What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compressor/tool kit advice?

foofighter

I'm New Here
Hello, the "tool" category didn't look like it gets much attention, so I figured I'd post my question in here. I'm in the tool gathering process for an RV-7. I'm curious what I should be looking for in terms of a compressor to run air tools and a spray gun? Any brand that works particularly well? Additionally, I've browsed the various tool kits available for RV's. Is there one in particular that stands out as being the best for the money?
Thanks!

Most importantly make sure you go with an oil compressor NOT AN OILLESS!! oiless is much louder. I am at the same stage as you and have found that many people like the large 60 gallon tanks with a 3-4 hp motor. I would love on of these however they all run on a 240V system and that gives it very limited use for my case. I have decided to go with a 30 gallon 1.6hp oil compressor from Kobalt sold at lowes for $400. I think you will find that brand isnt that important in this case, they should all work just fine. Sorry if this isnt much help
-david

Does oil lubricated, or non oil lubricated have any bearing on the possibility of discharging oil out of the air lines?

http://www.planetools.com/

I have been very satisfied with Isham's toolkit. I would not build a plane without a DRDT-2 and a pneumatic squeezer, but I am just lazy that way.

Scream

Back