What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Comm not letting me hear replies??

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Comm has been working great...few times I seemed to miss hearing a reply..kind of thought it was due to belly mounted comm antennae. No major issues.

Departed on a cross country yerterday normally and just out of the blue lost reception. No reply to calls. Through some investigating..found out my transmissions are great 5x2. and my comm mglv10 shows the receive is coming in on the box as there are bars that show it...just cant hear a thing. The internal intercomm works great, can talk with passenger. Further, on occassion, a transmission does squeak through and I think I am good again.

So...I have no idea where to start looking. When it stops letting me hear replies..other than seeing the rx bars...I have no idea I am missing them. Its spotty and now seems to be pretty much shot. I have reset to factory defaults incase I messed up something,like squelch or whatever..but have no idea what to look at. Will contact MGL, just hoped some comm guru might point me in the right direction. Switching to backup handheld was a lot of work in unfamiliar areas. thanks.

Did that

I tried everything, including reset to factory defaults. Been searching online and did find another guy had an issue that showed up only on bench testing that was tagged "underspec receive circuit".

I cant see this being an ant, or wire issue really due to the ways it works so I will hope this is the issue and see what the factory can do about a fast turn around.

Check radio volume. Had a similar problem once and of course, it was operator error.

Intercom will work just fine even if radio volume is all the way down. You just can't hear incoming transmissions.

Back