What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Come help with my fuel line route (Minnesota)

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I'm having a devil of a time getting an experienced RV builder to stop by KSGS to help me plot a good fuel line route on my engine, the last thing I need to do before engine start (other than the prop and spinner, that is).

It's going to go up from behind and there are several challenges here, so I need a good tech counselor in the area.

If that's you, please get in touch with me at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can stop by 217 Charlie Lane Saturdays 9-1 or weeknights 5:30-7.

any pics?

Bob---any pics of the routing that you are interested in? Send them to me, and I'l see what come up.
Tom

Just sent you an email (via the form off your site). I'm going aft, up under the fuel line to the servo (may clamp to that line), up just forward of the oil pressure line, over the oil cooler line (may clamp to it or the engine mount) through the baffle and a quick turn inboard to the spider.

Should be interesting.

Yes. You do. :D

It's coming along. Put the prop on last week. Once I get the GRT probes figured out, that'll pretty much take care of engine work. Started filling pinholes last week (started with the Van's instructions of 1:1 epoxy/acetone; I won't be doing that again), wing tips, the fiberglassing transition of FAB to cowling, a few additional things and I'm good to go for an engine start.

Hint: For those going up to Oshkosh, I'm only 4 hours (by car) away -- much less by RV (an hour or so). Would make a lovely daytrip. (g)

Last edited:
Back