What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Colorado Weather

mtnflyer

Well Known Member
Just as a service to those in areas seeing 100 degrees or more, here in the mountains of Colorado, we too are suffering a heat wave,,,after a low temp in the fifties this morning , we will rise to a high of 78 and should have light showers late this afternoon..... I may have to take a nap during the rain.
Anyway, this is an invite to those suffering from the heat,,come up here on Saterday the 7th of July to the chapter 1267 pancake breakfast and cool down for a spell...

Steamboat Springs Pirep

Been at Steamboat Springs for last two days. No smoke over here. Temps peaking over 100F in the afternoons, lows around 60F. Not what I expected at 6500' MSL. Still nice in the shade and with breezes. Driving over to Estes Park, through Granby today, will post results as VAF/internet access allows!

Colorado....visibilities?

I am planning a trip from Houston to Denver on July 9 through July 15. I was also wondering about the smoke. How is it coming into the area from the southeast?

The Fontenelle fire in the Wyoming range went from 300 acres yesterday morning to 12,000 acres today. The smoke drifted across the Green River Valley last evening and packed up against the Wind Rivers. The fire is currently working through Snider basin. Global warming sucks.

Granby weather @ 2015gmt sct to bkn w/ bases at14000 and at least 50 m vis.... Looks like rain over the divide and no smoke here at KGNB

Back