What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

College World Series

Bwing96

Any one on here ever fly into Omaha for the College World Series?
I would like to go up and watch a game or two and looking for info on which airport, FBO's, motels, etc. to use or not use.

I live in Omaha.

Eppley is the "big" airport, with a Signature and Tac Air. I know Tac Air has super nice facilities, don't know what they charge as far as fees and parking. The only reason I know is that I started my flight training with a now-defunct school based there. It's only a few minutes from TD Ameritrade park.

Further out west is Millard, with an FBO (Hangar One) that has some basic facilities, fuel, etc. It's about a 20-30 minute drive downtown from there, plenty of hotels and restaurants out that way. I live about 10 minutes west of there and fly from Millard. If you do come up, let me know -- you can come on over for a beer.

Just avoid that two-mile-plus long single runway (12/30) a little south of Eppley, no matter how much your RV looks like a fighter. :)

OMA

I have flown into Omaha a few times and have had great experience with Tac Air. They even shuttled me to the hotel downtown where I was going. I just flew up from KC and didn't buy much gas.

John

Back