What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cockpit for cessna like plane

groupx

I'm New Here
Hi, I'm an engineering student. I have a design project which involved coming up with the instrumentation panel for a propeller driver twin engine aircraft. I need to keep it as cheap as possible, while maintaining the features of Cessna 172.

I need help with picking the basic six instrumentation:
* airspeed indicator (knots)
* artificial horizon
* vertical speed indicator (rate of climb)
* altimeter
* directional gyro (compass)
* turn and bank indicator (aircraft attitude)

Can someone please suggest me a manufacture that I could pick from and show their prices. Or is there any specific models for the above mentioned instrumentation that's well known that I should use?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I don't think any of these instruments will be cheap enough. You're looking at thousands of dollars, unless you can pick up some older instrumentation. I know that flight sim cockpit builders use replicas that run off computers, and are much cheaper. You should be able to "search" for some listings.

L.Adamson

A few years back, I was the tech counselor for a group of students at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee who were building a Nexus Mustang as a class project. They branched off into building a simulator from a wrecked Cessna 172 fuselage. They might be able to give you some guidance.

Here's some info on the group:

Organization: Aeronautics and Aerospace Organization
Classification: Professional
Campus Mail: Union Box 236
Campus Office: EMS E371
E-Mail: [email protected]
Purpose: The purpose of AAO is to raise a general awareness of aviation and aerospace among Wisconsin's public.
Activities: Our activities include building a flight simulator, hosting speakers, and various travel events.

Back