What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Click On" Push Button?

jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
I'm looking for a push button style switch that when pushed, stays on with a click until pushed a second time to turn off. Anybody know what it would be called, if such a thing exists? Trying to search normal sources, but without a name, having NO luck.

Thinking about a throttle mounted/thumb actuated fuel pump switch, and have a specific throttle already in hand, so looking to retrofit.

Thanks-

Joe

I have also seen them referred to as "Push On - Push Off" switches. Pretty sure that Radio Shack has them, but I don't use R/S parts in the airplane. I have a good electronic parts place nearby, and they have an entire aisle of different switches - these are pretty common.

Paul

hi joe,

are you talking about fitting the switch into something like the throttle quadrant? then i would first start looking in the microswitch category....

otherwise, for the airliner style pushbuttons, there are several options.
the original stuff is from eaton and such companies, costing 250$+ a piece.
then there's a cheaper line from honeywell in the 70$ price range.

we used even cheaper 20$ models
http://www.conrad.ch/goto.php?artikel=706263

they look great and have a nice touch and feel. they are modular, so you decide while assembling wheter they are momentary action or latching type. also various color caps and incandescent or led lighting options are available.

rgds, bernie

Thanks guys! Freddy, you nailed it! At least they explained it the best/most plainly....they get my business.

Joe

Last edited:
alternative

I've forgotten how many amps the boost pump draws but if you like a switch that does is not rated high enough you could use a latching relay at the pump.

I can hear everyone collectively saying "Oh no! Another failure mode!" but sometimes that's a good trade-off.

Back