What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland Tools rear seats

cholladay

Well Known Member
I just riveted the hinges on the Cleveland tools rear seats. Because the bottom of the seat back is square (made from square tube)you can not fold them all the way forward. It hits the forward part of the square tube. I can modify the tubeing on the front and convet it to an angle or just leave them.
Has anyone ran into this? What did you do?
I am wondering if anyone ever has the need to fold the rear seatback forward for anything?
http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RV10SBACK

Chad,

I wish I could provide some guidance on this one, but I can't..

But I do have an idea. Is it possible to orient the hinge so the hinge-side faces forward and is slightly ahead of the square tubing?

I apologize for the poor drawing, but it's the best MSFT paint can do at the second... This would allow it to rotate forward..

Seat_Side.jpg

Let me know what you find, because I've been considering this same seat frame.

Phil

I installed the hinges on the new seatbacks just like vans instructions state for their stock hinges, which lead to the problem. After talking to Cleveland they told me to follow this procedure.
With the hinge already riveted to the seat bottom, lay the new seatback into the preferred position. Lay the attached hinge on the new seat back and drill the hinge. This will assure the hinge is in the proper position and allow the seat to have full motion. It is pretty simple really. It?s funny how simple problems can stump us sometimes (should I say stump me).

Phil when I followed their procedure, the result is exactly what you had recommended.
Thanks

Back