What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleco grip length

Spininprop

I'm New Here
What is the "standard" grip length for clecos used in the -7(A) build? I'm building my tools...I think 1/4" would work for all the sizes (3/32, 1/8, 5/32) but I'm sure some sections may require more???

1/4" Grip is the standard on all 4 sizes of clekos. There are extended grip and the really long wing nut style also. There are several brands (qualities) that all look alike but don't function the same. Wedge-loc are the best, kwik-loc are the worst. I am sure other builders can chime in on their experience with different brands.

I have a set of the Wedge-loc coming for the practice "wing" section. They look decent...thanks

1/4" Grip is the standard on all 4 sizes of clekos. There are extended grip and the really long wing nut style also. There are several brands (qualities) that all look alike but don't function the same. Wedge-loc are the best, kwik-loc are the worst. I am sure other builders can chime in on their experience with different brands.

Back