What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaveland 40/60 Seat Backs

[email protected]

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any installation pictures on the cleavland 40/60 rear seat backs? Just recieved the seats, but no install instructions or anything.

Looks like I would just pop-rivet a hinge on the front of the bottom square tubing. Just thought I would ask before jumping in.

IMG_2200%255B1%255D.JPG

I just finished this on mine. You cannot just rivet to the bottom as it will not allow the seat back to rest against the back support without binding.

I also tried to rivet to the front and back sides, again with the same issue.

There were a couple of options that I considered and one was to remove the hinge from the seat bottom and add a piece of aluminim strip to raise it and re rivet in place.

The other, which I did, was to take some left over trailing edge pieces that are used in between the skins of the rudder and elevators and insert them between the seat bottom rail and the hinge. This raised the seat back up a bit in and allowed the seat to fully retract to rest against the rear seat support.

Probably have a couple of pics I could post if it helps.

I was able to just rivet the hinge in place on the seats. I placed a piece of cardboard under the back edge of the seat backs and rested them on the back brace. Then, with the hinge assembled, match drilled the seat backs. The holes were a little low on the aluminum tubing of the lower seat, but it riveted just fine.

Back