What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Designs: RV-10

Phil

Well Known Member
I meant to share this with the group earlier, but the newborn has been keeping me away.

Did anyone else notice this in the latest Classic Aero newsletter?

RV-10 Interior Information

We've received quite a few questions and comments about the RV-10 interior we did for Ron Terharr. Many people saw it at Sun-n-Fun, so I thought I would give some quick comments here to explain where we are as far as RV-10s go.

Before we started this interior, we thought we had a pretty good idea of the challenges we would encounter in making a very finished interior in an RV-10. It was as complicated as we had anticipated, and then some. We went into the project without a very good plan, but felt that it would give us a good feel as to how we should proceed with products for the RV-10.

We ended up doing a very complete interior. It included full fiberglass molds for an interior fiberglass headliner shell, integrated overhead console with air vents and lights, modified side panels from Aerosport products, many small hand made metal and fiberglass trim parts, carpet, center console, custom seat adjuster, firewall panels, and seat upholstery.

Now that it is done, we have decided to step back, and rethink our approach. For the time being we have stopped work on RV-10 products. We do not offer an interior package, and have not decided whether or not we will in the future. We would like to refocus on our other product lines for the RV-7 and RV-9 aircraft. Development and improvements to these products was put on hold for the past several months while we worked on the RV-10. I would refer anyone looking for an RV-10 interior package to Flightline Interiors. They already have packages available.

Back