What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Designs Heated Seat Photos for RV-14

Meat

Patron
Hi All,

I ordered my interior from Classic Aero Designs and at the wife's request went with heated seats. My panel has dedicated holes for the heater switches and separate 10-amp breakers. I already have the wiring harnesses and switches, but the seats won't be delivered for a few months. Installing the wiring, relays and switches seems pretty straightforward. They may need a little surgery for a cleaner install. Since I don't have my seat cushions yet I'm a little unclear where the heater leads exit from the back and bottom seat cushions and how long they are. I've spoken to Luke at Classic Aero and he gave me some basic info on that but had no photos to share.

What I'd really like are some good photos of where your seat heater wiring exits the cushions and then interfaces with the rest of the heater harness. And where you've drilled holes in the seat pan that ideally hides all the wiring and connectors yet lets everything work as it should.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Cheers,

Scott Davis
RV-14 #140702
602 290-5363

Hi All,

I ordered my interior from Classic Aero Designs and at the wife's request went with heated seats. My panel has dedicated holes for the heater switches and separate 10-amp breakers. I already have the wiring harnesses and switches, but the seats won't be delivered for a few months. Installing the wiring, relays and switches seems pretty straightforward. They may need a little surgery for a cleaner install. Since I don't have my seat cushions yet I'm a little unclear where the heater leads exit from the back and bottom seat cushions and how long they are. I've spoken to Luke at Classic Aero and he gave me some basic info on that but had no photos to share.

What I'd really like are some good photos of where your seat heater wiring exits the cushions and then interfaces with the rest of the heater harness. And where you've drilled holes in the seat pan that ideally hides all the wiring and connectors yet lets everything work as it should.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Cheers,

Scott Davis
RV-14 #140702
602 290-5363
the seats come with switches prewired to relays for each side and connectors to the seat cushions. I mounted the relays to the seat ribs. The wiring and connectors from the cushions tuck in between the bottom and back cushions.IMG_2837.jpegIMG_3151.jpeg

Back