What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Customer Service: WOW!!

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
So a few months back I ordered the new CA-1 seats for my RV-6A. they came in recently and I finally got to try them out. The workmanship on the seats is perfect, but I wasn't happy with the contours of the seat bottom. The seats just didn't seem to fit all that well.

I e-mailed Luke and CA to find out what we could do to improve the fit. Luke responded within an hour with an appology. He explaned that the seats were computer designed for the 7 and modified for the 6, but it looks like they didn't get it quite right. It turns out I am only the second RV-6 owner to purchase the new seats and the other is in Germany. Luke said that they did not receive any feedback from the other customer.

Without any pushing on my part Luke offered to custom make new seat bottoms at no charge to fit my RV. He also offered to take the whole package back and issue refund if I did not find the custom option acceptable.

Classic Aero will certainly get more of my business. A mistake is not a big deal when it is handled in such a positive manner.

Hi Colin,
Yes I agree, Luke and the team at CA, will do what ever it takes, to get what the customer wants. I couldn't be more happy with my seats and carpet from them. It just gives your project that "new car look/smell"

+1 for me...Luke bent over backwards with my crazy requests, and delivered on every one of them to his credit. And the seats look and feel great!

I just want to add that Luke and the crew at Classic Aero have been absolutely top-notch to work with. I purchased a complete Aviator interior for my -7A, and just a couple of weeks ago got around to finally putting everything in for test fits prior to taking her to airport (final inspection coming up soon!). Turns out the seating area carpets did not have a slot for the crotch strap...according to Luke, they used to just tell people to cut a slot in the carpet for them, and then they had so many questions, they changed to design to allow room for the straps.

Not to worry, Luke got me an RMA, I sent the carpet back and within just a few days they had it fixed up, re-trimmed to the new shape, re-serged and back in my hands in plenty of time, and all at no charge. And they sent me a Classic Aero Designs hat to boot!

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how to run a business and provide good customer service. A lot of vendors around these parts could learn a thing or two from CAD. First class products, superior customer service, and friendly, helpful, uber-responsive staff.

My (new CAD) hat is off to the folks at Classic Aero...

Unreasonably Terrific Service

I need to chime in. I bought seats and armrests from them about four years ago. The build has gone slower than I thought possible.

I decided that I should really have a head rest for the front seat. Also, one arm rest needed to be shortened, as I stuck an electrical outlet at the rear.

Spoke at length with Luke. Shipped the seat and arm rest back. Returned a couple of weeks later with a perfectly matching head rest. They didn't modify my armrest--they made a completely new one. The price for all this was really too low, in my opinion.

I spoke at length with Luke about carpet for my glareshield. He suggested a different material they have and a way to install it with a piece of aluminum cut to shape--easier to mend later than glued onto the glareshield. Worked like a charm.

I cannot say enough good things about Classic Aero. Their customer service is amazing.

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Finishing
San Ramon, CA

Back