What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Citation 4 ?? at Spruce

prkaye

Well Known Member
They have an HVLP unit called the "Citation 4" at aircraft spruce. Problem is they don't provide detailed specs, and i can't find this specific product anywhere else on the web. Lots of "Citation" models including "Citation 4-stage", but none like this one on spruce (the photo of is shows a big number "4" on the unit).
Is this model unique to aircraft spruce?

The product sold by Spruce is a Sprayer/Respirator by Axis. If you already have a respirator, it is overkill for the nearly $1,200. That particular model, the Citation 4 has a four stage turbine and a respirator blower. For painting with polyurethane, a four stage turbine is recommended.

I had an eye on the Citaiton sprayers but have recently researched the Fuji line of HVLP turbine sprayers and I'm leaning towards the Mini Mite four stage "non quiet" sprayer. The "Quiet version is $200 more."

They have standard "Mini Mite 4" four stage turbine sprayer only and a "Quiet" four stage turbine sprayer.

Last edited:
thanks curtis. I don't actually need the respirator, because i would use Stewart Systems paint, which only really requies an appropriate filter mask.

That mini-mite unit... i don't see the nozzle size on the description. I was told I need no larger than 1.3mm nozzle for Stewart Systems paint...

Fuji Mini-Mite 4

I have the Fuji Mini-Mite 4 and used it to finish all of the cabinets in our kitchen:

http://web.me.com/jasonbeaver/Site/Kitchen_Remodel/Kitchen_Remodel.html

I can highly recommend it. It comes with the 1.4mm tip, but I bought the smaller one as well for thinner material. I don't think the quieter version is worth the extra money. You want to put it fairly far away from you anyway so that it isn't pulling in your overspray, and at that distance it really isn't too loud.

It looks like they have the 1.4mm nozzle, and a smaller 1mm nozzle. I wonder if this would be too small for painting the plane (with Stewart Systems).

Back