What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Circuit help needed

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
My 10 is equipped with a stall warning horn that the previous builder installed.

In checking the stall system, I have now found that the sound level of the factory horn is woefully inadequate.

I am looking for a simple electronic circuit that will generate a signal, that can be input into the intercom, in lieu or the factory horn. My PS intercom will accept audio warning inputs.

I figure the knowledge is out there in the VAF database, so if someone knows of a chip, or simple circuit that works on 12v, and will make a really obnoxious tone :eek: that can be controlled by the factory stall vane switch, please let me know.

I am trying to work with what I already have, so the idea of installing an AOA is not high on the list of options.

As always, thanks in advance to all.

Warning

I have noticed that in a time of stress one of the first senses to be ignored is hearing. For the various warning signals that I have on my plane, I use a large diameter, very bright red LED that is immediately in front of me on the panel. No matter which way you are looking that light will get you attention!

Back