What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cies and GRT EIS

Foghorn

Well Known Member
Anyone using Cies fuel sensors with GRT EIS? I talked to the Cies salesperson yesterday and they thought GRT was Garmin 😳. I have an email in to GRT as well but wanted to check here also. Forum and Duck Duck go search didn’t produce any solid results.

Thanks

Anyone using Cies fuel sensors with GRT EIS? I talked to the Cies salesperson yesterday and they thought GRT was Garmin 😳. I have an email in to GRT as well but wanted to check here also. Forum and Duck Duck go search didn’t produce any solid results.

Thanks
This one's not rocket surgery. Ask Cies exactly what signal their probes produce using exactly what excitation. With this information one can then look at the capabilities of the inputs of the GRT EIS and know whether it can;
a) provide the excitation voltage needed
b) accept the signal output by the probes

Given the flexibility of the EIS and the wide range of aircraft for which Cies has made probes, I'd be darned near certain the EIS will be able to read the Cies probes.

This one's not rocket surgery. Ask Cies exactly what signal their probes produce using exactly what excitation. With this information one can then look at the capabilities of the inputs of the GRT EIS and know whether it can;
a) provide the excitation voltage needed
b) accept the signal output by the probes

Given the flexibility of the EIS and the wide range of aircraft for which Cies has made probes, I'd be darned near certain the EIS will be able to read the Cies probes.
I looked on the Cies website, and, yes, there is a setup option (#3 or 4, I forgot to write it down) where there is an analog voltage output, which the EIS can read. Only the OP can decide if these senders are worth the 10x price difference compared to conventional senders.

Gents,

Thanks for the replies. GRT agrees that option 3 or 4 will work with there EIS. Now to decide on the cost and re-wiring fun.

Back