What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CHT probe fitting replacement help needed

JimWoo50

Well Known Member
What type fitting is needed? size? Breaking in a new cylinderon my 0-320 and don’t want to do it for more than a couple minutes w/o CHT temps. The thermocouple probe screwed into the cylinder barrel by way of this fitting.
Thanks. Any other tips/guidance would also be appreciated.

Most CHT probes come with the proper fitting installed to fit the head. No other fitting needed.
probe.JPG

What type fitting is needed? size? Breaking in a new cylinderon my 0-320 and don’t want to do it for more than a couple minutes w/o CHT temps. The thermocouple probe screwed into the cylinder barrel by way of this fitting.
Thanks. Any other tips/guidance would also be appreciated.

To the OP ... I have one of these CHT probe adapters that screws into the cylinder head thermowell. It is from a Dynon CHT probe. The CHT probe fits into this adapter and turns a quarter turn to lock in place

If that is what you need, PM me your address and I'll send it to you gratis (does not include the CHT probe itself, just the adapter similar to the one shown below).

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/eia101cht.php

28202.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Carl.

For your generous offer. I’m considering going with type j gasket type senders though.

For your generous offer. I’m considering going with type j gasket type senders though.

You're welcome. Let me know if you change your mind.

There is a difference in the readings between the gasket/washer type CHT sensors and the thermowell probe type sensors.

To the OP ... I have one of these CHT probe adapters that screws into the cylinder head thermowell. It is from a Dynon CHT probe. The CHT probe fits into this adapter and turns a quarter turn to lock in place

If that is what you need, PM me your address and I'll send it to you gratis (does not include the CHT probe itself, just the adapter similar to the one shown below).

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/eia101cht.php

Hey Carl,

If you don’t need this, I’d happily buy it from you!
I bent one of mine trying to fit it and it no longer fits. I learnt to clean the threads with a tap first before I try again :(

Hey Carl,

If you don’t need this, I’d happily buy it from you!
I bent one of mine trying to fit it and it no longer fits. I learnt to clean the threads with a tap first before I try again :(

Since the OP doesn't need it, drop me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send it out gratis.

Back