What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chihuahuan Desert fall RV-6 style

n5lp

fugio ergo sum
DSC07237.jpg

Living in the desert does not mean we don't have colorful falls. It is different from other areas but can be very spectacular.

DSC07234.jpg

The deciduous trees tend to be only in the drainages so that is where the color is and where beautiful hiking is available.

DSC07232.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07224.jpg

DSC07223.jpg

Some of these spots are a bit isolated but there is accessible hiking. The best known spot in the Guadalupe Mountains is McKittrick Canyon that has wonderful autumn colors as well as interesting history, geology and even a trout stream.

Thanks Larry,

I sure miss that southern scenery!

As I once overheard at the Albuquerque airport...'Brown is a color too!'

Bob

Great pics! I'll have to remember that line about "brown is a color too". Reminds me of working deep in the canyon in NW Washington in the middle of a dismal winter. In the late afternoon, I remember thinking that everything in sight was defined by it's shade of gray! Sky, trees, rocks, road, animals...

I was looking for the farmer's field (in your pics) that I would use in an emergency - didn't see it in the pictures though. Always makes me nervous when I can't see something flat somewhere nearby.

... was looking for the farmer's field (in your pics) that I would use in an emergency - didn't see it in the pictures though. Always makes me nervous when I can't see something flat somewhere nearby.
There are some alfalfa fields pretty close; only about 25 miles away:)

Back