What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chicago Pneumatics CP-0351 Squeezer Adjustments

Noah

Well Known Member
Anybody know how to adjust the throw on this squeezer? It doesn't seem to have an adjustment - is this possible?

Here's some photos. Are there any squeezers which were manufactured without adjustable throw? I can imagine that on a production line there might be no need for adjustment if the tool is always doing exactly the same job over and over.

RE:Squeezer Adjustments

All the pneumatic squeezers that I am familiar with have a fixed throw. If your rivet squeezer uses the industry standard .187 (3/16") dia shanks then you just need to get some Flush Rivet Squeezer sets for AN426 flush rivets (and some cupped sets for the AN470 universal head rivets). The flush rivet sets come in different lengths from 1/16" to at least 3/4" in 1/16" and 1/32" increments. You just use various combination's of rivet sets to course adjust the squeeze and for fine adjustments you will need some thin hardened washers. An alternative is the adjustable set holders that Avery and Cleveland tools sell.

Shut height is adjustable by sets and shims as James described. I've never seen an adjustable set holder for a '351, but anything's possible... ($$$) Can't imagine where you'd need such a big squeezer on an RV. Scratch-building a spar? If you are after general utility around the airframe, then swap for a '214 and enjoy...

Back