What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chemseal B2 6 OZ Injection Tube

skyyking56

Well Known Member
I just got the Chemseal B2 6 OZ Injection Tube for putting on the T.E..
The directions are kinda fuzzy, but after reading completely it says to pop this thing into dispensing gun.
I didnt know that I needed the dispencing gun...Do I?
Can i just scrape this stuff out of the cylinder with popcycle sticks or is it so much easier with the gun?
If kept airtight does this stuff last long after mixing the black with the white?
Would anyone still use this injection system again after using it once?
It seems to be pretty pricey.
I will probably get the cans of this for the tanks, but dont know what is the best idea.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
7A Finishing Rudder

That's semkit package, just make sure your mix it completely per the instructions on the package. You can then push it out of the tube using whatever method you like, dispensing gun not required. The semkit is just a convenient way to mix a premeasured amount in the correct proportion and with little mess. The B2 will tack in about 2 hours depending on temp and the packaging doesn't change that so use it or lose it!

Proseal gun

My kit was a quickbuild but I do have the sealant gun (cheap on ebay) and have used it a few times and it works great. If I had to build tanks the gun would definately be on the top of my list.

Andy
RV-7A

I have a sealant gun as well, bought it cheap on ebay. You can get empty cartridges from Spruce and can fill them from the cans; messy, but a little cheaper than the pre-filled. My only complaint is that with the gun you do waste some sealant because of the curve on the front of the tube.

They also work okay for decorating cakes.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

Back