What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check your pitot connection

Vlad

Well Known Member
Yesterday I came from a bumpy ride. I have plenty of them :D Cousin showed up in his Tweety bird and started looking around to find a subject for criticism as he always does. He noticed a 0.5 degree angle on Vans pitot tube. I usually don't believe him but this time I checked. The blue anodized nut was loose :eek: I was able to unscrew it with my fingers. Check yours, tighten to specs and torque seal it.

pitot.jpg

I check mine on every flight, as I remove/replace my pitot cover. I did find it loose once.

I note that in your picture you have a unique configuration for your pitot. I didn't know you could get them to work in reverse? :)

I got a few "weird things" in my plane Rob good catch.This picture was taken in 2007 I knew nothing about pitots then :) Your RV is Tweety too? :eek: What's the story behind the nickname?

Our flight leader named his two RV's after cartoon characters... First Underdog and then Sweet Pea. When I bought an RV with bright yellow accents he called it Tweety Bird and the name stuck. Nothing more complicated than that. :)

If I ever re-paint (Tweety is mostly bare metal now) I will probably stick with a yellow paint scheme... I'd hate to change the name now... ;)

Back