What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Charleston SC

I flew 13 hours last week. Two trips to Ky to pick up the mother-in-law and then take her back. Vacation trip to Destin with a return for a work meeting, and then back. Man, I love my airplane. I stuck a bottle of O2 in it. I am stuck on flying 11-13K feet. Crystal clear, cool, and plenty of safety in altitude.

I lived in Charleston in the early eighties. It was a great place. My son is currently stationed in Beaufort, SC. I have made three trips there in the RV. 6 hour drive or a 75 minute hop, your choice.

Summerville, Goose Creek, West of the Ashley all good places. I lived off the approach end of the Airforce base. I had a C5 decide he was too low right over the top of my house. The walls shook when he throttled up.

Last edited:
I flew 13 hours last week. Two trips to Ky to pick up the mother-in-law and then take her back. Vacation trip to Destin with a return for a work meeting, and then back. Man, I love my airplane. I stuck a bottle of O2 in it. I am stuck on flying 11-13K feet. Crystal clear, cool, and plenty of safety in altitude.

I lived in Charleston in the early eighties. It was a great place. My son is currently stationed in Beaufort, SC. I have made three trips there in the RV. 6 hour drive or a 75 minute hop, your choice.

Summerville, Goose Creek, West of the Ashley all good places. I lived off the approach end of the Airforce base. I had a C5 decide he was too low right over the top of my house. The walls shook when he throttled up.

Alton, where'd you stay in destin and would you stay there again? going on 4th of july weekend and haven't picked out lodging yet

There's an airpark in Mt. Pleasant called Raven's Run... flew over it many times but never went in there.. Location is pretty good and convenient to downtown...

"Most of the folks you’ll meet here were born and raised right here and never had any intention of ever leaving."

There is a lot to be said for that observation. Uncle Sam lured me away from Charleston in 1987...I've been trying to get back ever since!

Back