What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Charleston Executive

g zero

Well Known Member
A few months ago I parked At Charleston Executive for the day( Atlantic Aviation ) ….$50 ramp fee . They wave the fee if you purchase 15 gallons of 100LL @ $9.00 a gallon … oh boy 😐
With that I’ve been using Mount Pleasant north of town .
My dilemma is my daughter just purchased a home 5 minutes from Charleston Executive….Any Alternative parking on the field?

The locals park at the north ramp, where the self service pump is (currently $6.62/g). The problem is the north ramp is almost always full, but there is overflow parking along Charlie taxiway (there are tie downs but no ropes provided on C). If you can deal with a little walking and no services, you can use the building with the blue awning, next to Interstate Turbine. That is where the schools operate out of and there is rarely anyone there, especially anyone that would even acknowledge you. You will have to have your ride know to pick you up there and FYI Uber is hit or miss on Johns Island.

JZI has a ton of transient GA and Atlantic only cares about the jets, so no one will ever notice you.

If you ever get stuck, reach out, I’m 10 minutes away :)

The locals park at the north ramp, where the self service pump is (currently $6.62/g). The problem is the north ramp is almost always full, but there is overflow parking along Charlie taxiway (there are tie downs but no ropes provided on C).

Is the north ramp assigned/reserved parking? Both times I've been, we have parked at Atlantic because I don't want to steal someone's space.

Neither time was I marshalled, given a ride to or from the plane, or tied down. They have waived some fees by telling them I was going to fuel up at the self-serve pump before departure, though.

To my knowledge it is not assigned, we all just play a game of musical tie downs based on which spaces are open at any given time. No one really seems to care about/govern the north ramp, so us locals just fend for ourselves. The north ramp stays pretty full, but if you are same day and you do get lucky in finding a space, I don’t think anyone would bat an eye. If you are overnight/multi-day, then parking on Charlie is a sure bet. There are plenty of spaces all the way down the taxiway, but like I said, just be sure to bring your own ropes, as there are anchors, but no ropes provided.

Wow! I guess things have changed there. I remember many years ago, maybe 10 or 12, they actually rolled out a red carpet for us and brought the rental car to the airplane. I don’t remember it being overly expensive either. Too bad.

Last edited:
My dilemma is my daughter just purchased a home 5 minutes from Charleston Executive….Any Alternative parking on the field?

Hey Tom, tell her I sent congratulations!

Darn, they grow up fast...

My son and grandson previously lived in Charleston so we flew into JZI on a regular basis.
Although it has been 5-6 years our service there was always good.
Most times would bring a rental to the plane if we had a rental.
Always waived the fee if we got SS fuel on the way in.
I liked the airport and service.

Back