What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chapter 33 preparation

Greenley

Well Known Member
I am in the midst of chapter 33 (baggage area), and before I rivet down the floor I want to make sure I am covering everything that should be done before access becomes much more difficult. I have run conduit for electric, and planned antenna locations and access. Is there anything else I should accomplish before riveting these floor pans down.

Some install access panels for the bolts that hold the external steps in place, in case it needs to be replaced/tightened in the future.

Some install access panels for the bolts that hold the external steps in place, in case it needs to be replaced/tightened in the future.

What Bob said.

Also, consider a few nutplates scattered around to install tie downs for later use with eye screws and bungee cords to keep loose items in place.

Don't do what I did....

Are you installing insulation? Do it now...

You must bolt the foot pegs in place.

Run at least 4 of those electrical conduit lines (2 per side) and put fishing line inside to pull things through. They do go through well by pushing.

Jack in Michigan

Thanks for the thoughts, I will add Mikes idea about some nutplates for baggage, low weight and not in the way if not used.

What Bob said.

Also, consider a few nutplates scattered around to install tie downs for later use with eye screws and bungee cords to keep loose items in place.

I installed some lightweight tie-downs using short lengths of hinge material. It seems traveling with family, I always have my baggage area too full to get to them. Heavier items forward and low, light items aft and high. I use them for solo trips/hamburger runs.

Back