What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chadworks landing lights

cjensen

Well Known Member
Some of you may know that I chose to add some time to my build, and save some money at the same time by fabbing up my own landing lights. They are loosely based on the DW light kits, but they are different in construction. Here are some pics of how they went together-

8-1-06-001w.jpg

8-1-06-002w.jpg

8-1-06-003w.jpg

8-1-06-004w.jpg

8-1-06-005w.jpg

8-1-06-006w.jpg

Oh, and these cost me $54 for everything (both lights) including the lenses from Van's!

:cool:

Looking forward to seeing pics of them in the leading edges. Also plans would greatly help other, uh, frugal builders like yourself...

Looks good to me. I have been thinking about my lighting options lately as well. Is there any position adjustment in the "chadworks" or dukwork lights? or do you bolt or rivet them in their final position?

Jae

jchang10 said:
Is there any position adjustment in the "chadworks" or dukwork lights? or do you bolt or rivet them in their final position?

Hi Jae,

The duckworks lights have a small amount of adjustment - the screw holes are oversize and big washers allow you to tweak the angle. But the adjustment range is plenty.

They adjust just like the DW lights do. Right now the lights are 55W. I plan to switch the bulbs to Sylvania Silverstars sometime. I need to find out which ones are compatible with these reflectors.

These were really simple to make with a little thinking. I don't, and probably won't have any plans for them, since I just made it up as I went. Everything was made from stock .025 AL sheet that I had on hand, including the angle. I just measured, marked a little big, then shaved and smoothed to make it fit nice.

Well, I finished up the landing light project today! It only added a month to my build... :rolleyes:

8-12-06-006w.jpg

8-12-06-011w.jpg

Lights and lenses are in, just need to run some wire, and the LE's will be put on the spar permanently! :cool:

Back