What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Center Section Building Tip

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I don't recall anyone ever mentioning it, but I have spent a lot of time the last two days stringing rudder and stab cables thru the center section. It would have saved me a lot of time and frustration had I put some strings thru the holes for the cables earlier in the build, in order to easily pull them thru later.

Don,

Check the following:
Page 10-08 Step 4, and Page10-09 Step 7.

Ah, if one could only turn back the clock for a re-do! ;)

John

Center Section

John
I think he is talking about the fuselage center section not the tailcone ?

Don,

Check the following:

John

Yeah John, I did that, it was helpful but not really necessary. The stuff shown on 32-14 that looks simple, is not when it all gets covered up. I have just now got them all strung thru there but it was not easy.

Don,

Check the following:

John

I bought all the kits at once and had the luxury of resequencing the build process when it made sense. The fuselage and finishing kits go together easier if you have everything up front and can exercise some flexibility in installation order. I would also recommend leaving the tail cone and fuselage skins off as long as possible for access.

NO Fuselage Skins

The Side Skins and the Corner Skins will be installed at a later date to allow easy access for installing all interior items.

25_03_01.jpg

I bought all the kits at once and had the luxury of resequencing the build process when it made sense. The fuselage and finishing kits go together easier if you have everything up front and can exercise some flexibility in installation order. I would also recommend leaving the tail cone and fuselage skins off as long as possible for access.

More and more, builders are modifying the sequence to allow more access further into the build. Another thought is to NOT install the landing gear until the very last. I just HAD to get her up on the gear. Big mistake.

The Side Skins and the Corner Skins will be installed at a later date to allow easy access for installing all interior items.

25_03_01.jpg

That's THE MOST high-tech fuselage stand I think anyone has ever built, for any of the RV's models.

Dang! That's sweet! It's even got a leg-less stool- I am guessing to be used while sitting on the floats? (errr, platforms). :)

Last edited:
Back