What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Center section 9A

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I bought my 9A wing kit from an individual and he told me the center section was either back ordered or it was going to be shipped with the fuselage kit. I can't remember the conversation now but am curious how it came with your kit. This kit sold new in Feb. 2003 #90662.

I believe if you tell Van's that you are going to order a QB they keep the center section for the QB assembly.

Doing a slow build and mine came in the wing kit.

That doesn't sound right...

Jim- Just picked up my wing kit Monday, and the center section came with it. In fact, the spars and c-section have the same serial number - almost positive they are built together as a matched set, making it highly unlikely one part of that set could be "back ordered".
Don't know what it would take to match a "new" one to your wings. Definitely something to talk to Van's about...
-Johnny
-9 S/B wing kit inventoried - it's a thing of beauty!
plugging away on the emp

Jim,
I agree with N674P; something doesn't sound right. The main spars and center section are definitely drilled as an assembly, in a fixture at the factory, to ensure precise alignment. So there has to be a center section to match your spars somewhere.
My center section came in the same crate as the spars. Contact Vans as soon as practical about this.

Ben R.
RV-9A #90217
Fuselage sloooow build :p

I'm hoping the previous owner must have told Van's he would be ordering a quick build fuselage later and they kept the center section parts. The longeron parts were also deleted from the packing slip. The parts weren't shown to be back ordered after all. They were simply deleted from the packing slip.
I sent an E-mail to Van's about this and hopefully the parts are gathering dust somewhere on a shelf. I should find out something next week. I had no idea these parts were matched to the main spar as an assembly and had matching serial numbers. Where's the Malox! :(
Thanks for your help.

Back