What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Center fuselage bulkhead assembly

mototopo

Well Known Member
I'm going to rivet the center fuselage section and I have a doubt about the F-705 bulkhead assembly.

In detail, I noticed that the lower flange of the F-705A rear spar is square to its web. During a trial fit with the bottom skin, I noticed that this flange doesn't follow the slightly curved shape of the assembly (if looked from the side). Am I supposed to bend this flange up to let it follow the shape and be in-line with the cabin and baggage ribs or is to be left as is? (I'm sure I already know the answer.. just hope I don't need extra work... :rolleyes: )

I didn't find any direction in the instructions or in the plans but, probably, this is just one of those "routine" tasks that have to be performed and, for this reason, omitted.

Thanks

Claudio,

I just recently start the fuselage, and I seem to remember that the very first paragraph in the fuselage instructions has you adjusting bulkhead flange angles, noting that they aren't all square. If I'm seeing the profile of the airplane correctly, the bottom, top, and sides are all at different angles. I don't think these will have to be perfect, just close.

The angle of the bottom of the airplane appears to change at the F-705 bulkhead. Without having the assembly in front of me I'd think it would be better to have that aft-facing flange conform to the angle of the skin behind it.

Last edited:
Back