What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cedar Mills Fly-in... anybody going?

Planning to go.

Hey Daniel,
I am planning to go on Saturday. Will not be in the RV though. I will be flying in my 172 tail wheel spamcan. Although it is a spamcan, it at least has a tail wheel that makes it fun to fly. I would love to meet up and talk RV's.

Forgive my ignorance... as flying into grass fields is new to me. Im planning on going to Cedar Mills this weekend... but there is supposed to be rain up there tuesday and wednesday. So how do I find out if the field is ok to land on? Is there a sure-fire way besides flying up there to see if anyone has landed before I attempt?

Forgive my ignorance... as flying into grass fields is new to me. Im planning on going to Cedar Mills this weekend... but there is supposed to be rain up there tuesday and wednesday. So how do I find out if the field is ok to land on? Is there a sure-fire way besides flying up there to see if anyone has landed before I attempt?
Here is a link that has a phone number you can call.

Cedar Mills Fly-in

I do not think there will be that much rain to cause any problems. I was there in August. At that time the runway was in very good shape. Unless we get some kind of torrential flooding this week I think it should be good. But give them a call just to make sure.

I hope to see you there.

Cedar Mills has extremely good drainage. It would have to rain a LOT to cause problems.
If you are not familiar with the field, people generally land runway 25 and take off on 7. Once you get down below the trees any crosswind is insignificant. On short final you will notice a large tree just to the left of runway 25. It is not nearly as close to the runway as it looks.

Thanks

Dan,

Thanks for the reminder. I did not know this was going to happen. I will try to come in my super cub Shooter, but am happy to talk RVs.

Ill be there around noonish... cant wait! Do they always land to the west and t/o to the east? I remember several years ago I went and everyone was landing & taking off to the east.... Do we go off of Denison's AWOS? Or will somebody be monitoring Unicom?

Back