What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CC Flying to-date chart for N159SB...

Brantel

Well Known Member
Here is a chart of where my airplane has been to date. Some of these have been traveled more than once.

I hope to really expand this starting next spring. It is about to get a boost as I plan to fly to SRQ on the 12th...

She has 71.1 hrs on the Hobbs since 3/20/2010. Medical issues kept me grounded for a month during this time :(

2yo4lrq.jpg

Last edited:
Decatur and Moontown

Brian, we'd like to see you add Decatur (DCU) and Moontown (3M5) to your map. Decatur has an EAA lunch from the grill every 5th Saturday of the month, and Moontown has an EAA breakfast every month on the 3rd Saturday of the month.

Very cool! My son and I visited 12 new airports just on Saturday. Kind of motivating to try to go to as many as possible.

Come on Down!

Hi Brian,

If ya'll get a chance to fly to Mobile (KBFM is a good option), I'll buy you a hamburger and save you $100. HA! (Still no kit. :()

Congratulations! Keep the posts coming!

Michael

I used Gil's link and updated my chart to include the trip I made yesterday to Mussel Shoals Alabama....return trip this morning.

2eob3mf.jpg

Ate breakfast at the hotel, caught a 15 minute ride to the airport (KMSL) at 7 Central

Packed the airplane, fueled the plane at self service

Took off GPS direct to KMOR ~ 7:40 Central

Arrived at KMOR ~ 10:00 Eastern

Put the plane away, Drove home (30 minutes), changed clothes and was at work by 11:00 Eastern.

These things are true magic carpets!!!

Online maps

...USA map to mark up in your favorite picture editing program... this one works well. It's nicely detailed for non-aviation folks.
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/united_states/united_states_wall_2002_us.jpg
Might be easier for sending to folks rather than an interactive one.

You can mark-up all kinds of things with the "My Maps" function in Google Maps, including annotations, memory-joggers, waypoints, photos, and more or less anything else you want to include.

Each custom map comes with a URL which you can send via email, such as: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?i...7687,137.614746&spn=5.361829,9.766846&t=h&z=7 or you can export the markup to a .kmz file for Google Earth.

You can build up an arbitrarily large library of maps like this. Much easier than drawing them yourself.

I see your interest

Brantel, I see you interest is in travel and exploration with your very special airplane. That is my primary interest as well and I think maintaining the chart of your travels will continue to give you much personal satisfaction. Printing the latest version will save you anguish when the software changes or goes away. No one can take that away from you. Memories of travel flights to new places and the adventures of your travels are precious to you I can see and appreciate. So much remains to see and do. Your post is a motivator for me to do the same.

Bob Axsom

Bob,

Yep you got it right. It is a ton of fun to go blast holes in the sky for an hour but these CC trips with the wife and friends end up being full of stories to tell....they are so much fun!

I am amazed at the CC ability of the RV!

My life with an RV has just begun and I hope to fill the country with lines over time!

Years ago I created an online logbook that kept up with where I had been and the routes/distances for trips.

I put a test user up for friends. If any of you guys that want to create an account for making charts or just have a place to put flight info before you put it in your paper logbook are more than welcome. I plan on using this system for a long time so it's not going anywhere. I may even do some more work on it in the future.

http://logbook.seltmail.com

Dana,

Been there I think 3 times for your flyin...(I miss that by the way) just not in my RV. You were always busy so I did not bother you when I was there.

We travel up your way often. I will try to get in touch next time!

Back