What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catto Props

PeteP

Well Known Member
Is there a secret handshake required to contact Catto props? Tried email and phone to with no joy. I love the looks of his 3 blade prop but want to know what leading edge protection he uses. I have a Sensenich epoxy coated wood prop on my current pane and have to avoid rain like the plague. Any info or secret decoder ring info would be appreciated.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
No secrete handshake....

E-mail works best. Just be patient. Craig is a very busy man.

His leading edge protection is "Nickel". I had him add it to my "old" (2003) 3-blade several months and it's really nice.

Maybe you need to spell his name right? ;)

It is Catto.

No secret handshake, but you do need to be standing on your left foot while typing the email in your undies. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I talked with Craig a few times in the past few weeks. Keep trying, I sure you are just missing him. I too have the nickel leading edge. The Catto prop is a work of art.

Catto

I have not had problems reaching Craig and his crew either by email or phone. I talked with him Friday and right now he's putting together some beauties for the Reno Air Races. Keep trying. There is a wait but from all I hear, its worth it.

I have the 3-blade pre-nickel edge prop.
I attached prop-guard tape for rain protection. I'd love to have the nickel edge attached but didn't want to send a 3-blade prop across the US and have the long wait to get it back.

Talked to Craig today and I must say I am impressed with him. We discussed my needs and he made good recomendations. I emailed him with my order info tonight so I guess I am on the way towards a neat prop. Now if I can finish the engine rebuild I'll have something to bolt it to!

Pete:)
RV-9A 91072

Back