What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb mixture cable question

I have an 0 360 a4m that was removed from a rv8. I am working on ff and don,t see anyway possible how my mixture cable can attach to the mixture lever on the carb. The carb is a ma 4 5. I think the rv8 may have used a push/pull and not a vernier cable. I am going to use the vernier cable that came with my kit. Is there different lever I need to get for my carb? I have been searching this forum and Google. I give up, thought I'll just ask. Thanks!

What does your existing mixture arm look like? It should have a hole for a bolt to go through, in order to work with the vernier cable from Vans. A rod-end bearing goes on the end of the vernier cable, then a bolt attaches that bearing to the mixture arm.

Any chance of a pic?

The arm on mine is just sraight and about 2" long. It does have a bolt hole however there is no way to bolt it up. The op26 drawing shows an arm that raises up at an angle toward co-pilot side. If mine did that, then no problem. Sorry I don't have a pic yet.

Mixture arm is different

After more research it appears mixture control arm types may vary on ma 4 5 carbs. I did cross reference the part # of my carb and verified it is correct for my engine. Anyone know if the mixture control arm can just simply be replaced with the type I need?

Back