What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Replacement

Allen231ah

Well Known Member
I have just finished fitting the bubble and faring on my 8. All the fiberglass and endless hours of sanding are now complete and ready for primer. It all looks great ?Now what happens when we have to replace this thing. I guess you would have to take it back down to shiny metal for the windscreen. If all goes well we can get a lot of years before it needs replacing but accidents do happen. I had a C150 window get broken with a stone from the FBO?s lawnmower. Has anyone had to replace one of these yet?

Allen231ah said:
I have just finished fitting the bubble and faring on my 8. All the fiberglass and endless hours of sanding are now complete and ready for primer. It all looks great ?Now what happens when we have to replace this thing. I guess you would have to take it back down to shiny metal for the windscreen. If all goes well we can get a lot of years before it needs replacing but accidents do happen. I had a C150 window get broken with a stone from the FBO?s lawnmower. Has anyone had to replace one of these yet?

You have it correct.
If your paraniod about it, many have used a removable fairing for the front screen instead of perm attachment. But since your done, well just hope you dont have to mess with it till your old and your kids have to:)
Best,

Back