What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy mystery question

N702PL

Friend
I considering buying a QB RV-7 from a seller on the web, but it is a slider not a tip up canopy like the one I wanted to have on my airplane.

Is this something I can change out with Van or are the QB fuselages just a little bit different. I realize the canopy parts will be different, but since he hasn't built up the forward cab yet I'm hoping I can modify it with another canopy kit and maybe swap it out from Vans or sell the slider to someone else. I really wish Van's were open today, the suspense is killing me.

I would appreciate anyone's advise in this matter.

Thanks, Jim :confused:in SC

The QB fuselages are "canopy agnostic" as received from the Philippines. To convert from one type of canopy to the other, you're looking at two skins and a small pile of subpanel pieces, plus of course the canopy parts themselves. If you aren't buying the finish kit from the current owner and no canopy work has been done yet, it should be a relatively easy thing to change.

mcb

Thanks Matt! That's what I was hoping for, I just wanted to make sure from someone that probably knew the answer for me. I appreciate your time responding to my simple question.

That's what makes the RV family so great and VAF formum as well.

Jim

Back