What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Fit

rcarson

Well Known Member
I recently had the extreme joy of rivitting on the front panel on my tip up 7A. Unfortunately when I put the canopy frame on to prepare for the other parts placements (gas spring anchors etc.) much to my surprize the canopy front skin no longer matched up to the front cover! It is up about 1/16 inch on the left side. Unless someone can advise me on a better appoach the only thing I can think of to do is have the offending canopy hinge filled and redrill it in the proper position. Fortunately only one side is off so only one needs to be done. I know it may seem like a nit but its one of those things that will show and worse yet I will always know it could have been corrected. HELP !

You could drill the offending hole oversize with an offset with the center in the correct spot and install a bushing.

Roberta

Great idea. Unfortunately it would put me too close to the edge of the hinge to leave enough material to be comfortable with. I will keep that in mind for other problems. Thanks for the information, I always learn something I can use from other builder on this forum.

Back