What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy covers

I bought the lightweight one and I'm pleased with it. Traveling with the wife and we have learned every pound counts in that baggage compartment! I have used it twice on three day stays and its easy on and easy off. If I was tying down out of the hanger for longer periods I would have considered the heavy one but for traveling and camping I like the light one.

Abby at flightline

I have the lightweight one from abby. Had on for 5 years on all trips and its awesome. Light, packs up small and keeps sun and rain out. The heavy one some friends have is a good product but seems like its will scratch more and is not friendly at all to take on trips due to size. If i parked outside all winter, would have both. For my plane in hangar at home, but outside on lots of trips...the flightline lightweight is perfect.

Cover

Super! Thanks for the tips! I'm hangared so I'll get the lightweight cover for my travels.
Thanks
Mike

Thanks for the info

Sad but true, I wont be able to afford to hangar after all these years of building so I will park outside in harsh Canadian winter. I thought I would get a canopy cover made with a soft interior surface to avoid scratching the plexi.

Has anyone had trouble with such a storage problem? We get heavy winds here in Villenueve Alberta Canada and I am concerned about chaffing and scratching the surface while parked and covered outside.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Dave

On my car cover, a nice multi layer one, I still got wind buffed scratches from heavy winds, dirt gets in on the underside and there ya go.

yes, and no....

Sad but true, I wont be able to afford to hangar after all these years of building so I will park outside in harsh Canadian winter. I thought I would get a canopy cover made with a soft interior surface to avoid scratching the plexi.

Has anyone had trouble with such a storage problem? We get heavy winds here in Villenueve Alberta Canada and I am concerned about chaffing and scratching the surface while parked and covered outside.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Dave

I have the Bruce's heavy cover...lasted about 10 years outside, with a few repairs. Now on my second one. The soft underside is fine, but it does collect dust around the edges. I have NOT found that it scratches the plexi. On some occasions when the dust is really flying, it kind of settles and clings to the plexi under the billowing parts of the cover ( it doesn't ALL stay down tight) but there seems to be very little movement. You have to be gently sliding it on and off, probably the highest damage actions!

If you have constant winds and dust, you might add a few additional straps of webbing across the top and strong elastic cord, to cut the movement down to a minimum.

just my $.02

Back