What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Cover

RDOG

Well Known Member
Hello everyone. I helped Jetguy build his RV-12 N1212K and I tasked myself to design and build a canopy and inlet covers. I made this canopy cover out of a new material that is lightweight, water repellant and still breaths as a mater of fact the cover weighs only 1lb 12oz. It cannot trap sand or dust in the material that would scratch the canopy. It also is 99.8% UV repellant.

Weight is always a issue when traveling and more so with the LSA's so my 1lb 12oz cover should be great for traveling and when we get the 5 hrs flown off I'll let you know. Jetguy and I are going to fly N1212K to Oshkosh and If you want to check out the canopy cover it will be there on the red tailed RV-12 (We started to paint but decided we rather fly this summer than paint) The inlet and pitot covers are vinyl with foam.

P1010003.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Nice job

Looks good guys! Notice you have ALL the holes covered. Those darn dirt daubers, mice, black widows etc. Are you at Denton?

Yep! That's us. We are on the south side of Denton airport right beside the fuel tanks.

Oshkosh

John and I made it to Oshkosh flying that great airplane called the RV-12. We are parked on row 315 spot 9 in the homebuilt area. Come check out our plane and the canopy cover. We also have have a couple more 12s behind us to the SouthWest.
011.jpg

Vans dinner

Had a great time with you guys at Vans dinner tonite. Thanks for all the info, went back to the campground to write it all down, inkpen went dry from all the info we have been getting from the 12 builders, all the 12s at Osh looks great. Thanks, Don and Kyle Lewis.

looking Good

Had a great time today talking to all the people interested in the RV-12. It seems every time we take the cover off and open the airplane to put something in it we spend hours talking to people interested in the RV-12. It is just fantastic spending time discussing the building process and the great qualities of the RV-12. If anyone sees the airplane open don't be shy, just come on over and we'll try to answer your questions about the plane.

There has been a lot of positive response on the cover design I am using. It appears to be far superior to anything we have seen here a Air Adventure 2010. This is the same material that hazardous material suits are made from. If anyone is interested in the cover email me or send a private message and I'll get back with you and go into detail about the cover.

[email protected]
cell 817 726-7360

Back