What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canadian Rockies Flight

TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
Finally got time and weather to align and get out in the mountains. There was a fair bit of wind creating some bumps, but a really nice flight all around. The video will show our beautiful playground that we have, it is an exciting area to fly no matter how many times you have done it. It always make me smile.

I was at 8500ft to get the most out of the scenery. Most of the mountains are around 10,000ft with the highest is the area at 12,500ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmDSHcP79U

A few years ago I flew from Calgary to Chilliwack, BC at 8500 ft on a nice no wind July day, basically following the highway.

It was the most beautiful and scenic flight I have ever done.....:D

A few years ago I flew from Calgary to Chilliwack, BC at 8500 ft on a nice no wind July day, basically following the highway.

It was the most beautiful and scenic flight I have ever done.....:D

Did you have some pie in Chilliwack? Pie is always a must when stopping there. The restaurant there is really great.

The video will show our beautiful playground that we have, it is an exciting area to fly no matter how many times you have done it. It always make me smile.

As great as the video is, I bet it is a billion times better to be flying it then watching it. I have been to Banff as a kid. On the bucket list to get up there again this time by RV.

ok, but what about Kiting Spray lake???????

gee Troy, can you have any MORE fun? Makes the rest of us look bad, eh!

That's some amazing video of you kiting on Spray Lakes,( I used to live just off the main road near the x-country ski centre ). Obviously you need to know how to fly, snowboard, and do the fancy hand-coordination stuff!
I wonder if you've ever been attacked by an ice-fisher!?!? :)

anyway, have more fun with that...even if it bugs me! :rolleyes:

gee Troy, can you have any MORE fun? Makes the rest of us look bad, eh!

If I could land the 10 on the lake and go kiting, that might be more fun. That is why I am building a different plane just for that option. Always keeping the ten though, it is to good not to have.

Back