What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can the internal regulator on Plane Power be adjusted?

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Hi there:

Noticed the other day that the alternator was firing 14.4 at one point and Savvy Analysis had earlier taken notice of a file I sent them when it was 14.3, saying they'd rather see it no higher than 14.2.

I run a Plane Power alternator which has an internal voltage regulator. Is there any way to adjust it?

Plane Power

Mine has always run at 14.2 to 14.4 for 1200 hours. No problems. I was told that if I wanted 14.1 that I would have to see if there was any resistance in my system and fix it.

Steve

All good for a PC680

Hi there:

Noticed the other day that the alternator was firing 14.4 at one point and Savvy Analysis had earlier taken notice of a file I sent them when it was 14.3, saying they'd rather see it no higher than 14.2.

I run a Plane Power alternator which has an internal voltage regulator. Is there any way to adjust it?

What battery? PC680 battery from Odyssey likes higher voltages. From memory I believe the ideal is in the 14.7V range, absolutely no higher than 15V. You might want to check the battery specifications first. I have same 14.4 voltage output from plane power, and all is fine and seems to charge up the battery fully (reads 13.0V indicating a full charge once surface charge has dissipated).

It is a fixed regulator, and as far as I know, no way to adjust voltage output.

Savvy Analssis likely refers to standard aviation flooded cell lead acid batteries like Gill etc. Different chemistry.

Last edited:
Back