What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can I add audio in to my Sigtronics Sport 200 intercom?

lancef53

Well Known Member
Does anyone know how to do this? I see that sigtronics has a switcher for the spa-400 intercom to add audio without rewiring the whole works, is this possible on a sport 200?

Or do I have to go to a Sport 200 s? If I go that route, do I need to rewire the whole works, or is it a common plug with the audio added?

Thanks for the help, I found a couple of sigtronics questions in the search, but none that apply.

I have the 200S (Stereo) intercom and other than the radio input, it has a stero "in" and that is it.

It all depends on what you call "adding audio". If you are looking to feed music from your MP3 player or sat radio, no problem. If you are trying to feed mono audio from your EFIS & EMS, that is a different game.

It was the need to feed audio in w/o spending bucks on an audio panel that drove me towards the iCom radio. They have three mono inputs that then feed out through the normal radio "out". This has worked out great.

That said, if I were building today, I would think long and hard about spend the extra $500 to $600 on either a Garmin GMA-240 or PS Engineering PMA500EX and be done with it. That would set me up for future growth and would work with any radio I wanted.

Just my $.02

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have clarified, I have a simple VFR panel in my 8. I consists of a D-180, AP74, KX-155, gizmo dock for 496 w/XM, the Sigtronics intercom, and a king Transponder. I do not have an audio panel.

The dynon has some outputs for alarms, but that is not a deal breaker if I can't get them.

I would like to use the 496 XM radio, so if that is easier I would go that route.

Thanks, Lance

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have clarified, I have a simple VFR panel in my 8. I consists of a D-180, AP74, KX-155, gizmo dock for 496 w/XM, the Sigtronics intercom, and a king Transponder. I do not have an audio panel.

The dynon has some outputs for alarms, but that is not a deal breaker if I can't get them.

I would like to use the 496 XM radio, so if that is easier I would go that route.

Thanks, Lance

Hi Lance. I'm not sure what you after, but here's one of our products that was tailor-made for adding several mono audio sources to Sigtronics intercoms: http://vx-aviation.com/page_2.html#AMX-1A_more.

AMX-1A_product.jpg

If you are adding stereo music, I'd recommend: http://vx-aviation.com/page_2.html#ASX-2A_more

ASX-2A-product.jpg

Both of these devices can be retrofit to existing installations, but some rewiring is required.

Thanks,
Vern

Or, you can "roll your own." I have the 200S (stereo) plus Dynon plus 496. This is what I did. You can add additional inputs, simply duplicate either the mono-into-stereo input or stereo-into-stereo input. The potentiometers have knobs and can mount in the dash so you can adjust relative volumes in-flight.

IntercomAudioInputs.jpg

Back