What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can anyone identify this prop?

cgarts1

Well Known Member
The guy can't find any other numbers other than on the hub "CH15262". He says it's 74" long.

I'm looking for a deal on a prop for my -14 and was hoping this is a fit.

Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 121
  • s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 111
  • s-l16003.jpg
    s-l16003.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 112
I'm looking for a deal

That could be an expensive attitude if you are not careful

There should be a log book with the prop, and the ID info should be in the log book.

Also, any other important info such as ADs, time in service, time since OH, repairs, etc.

If no log book -------- well, I for one would be looking at this as a core only.

And, as a core I would have a prop shop inspect before I gave any $$$.

Just my $0.02....

Last edited:
It will be purchased as a core and the blades alone are worth more than the asking price. I could care less about the logs or the hub if I can use the blades.

That hub has an AD with recurring eddy current inspection.

The blade looks like it may be a F7666 blade that has a yellow band on the 360 parallel valve engine in the middle of the normal operating RPM where continuous operation is not recommended.

That hub has an AD with recurring eddy current inspection.

The blade looks like it may be a F7666 blade that has a yellow band on the 360 parallel valve engine in the middle of the normal operating RPM where continuous operation is not recommended.

Thanks Gary, that's very helpful. Do you know if those blades will fit in the "B" hub?

It will be purchased as a core and the blades alone are worth more than the asking price. I could care less about the logs or the hub if I can use the blades.

Assuming they have service life/limits still. Are you paying more than $0.50/lb? The hub probably has the recurring UT inspection. Hard to give those away.

I’m a natural skeptic especially when involving money. It is a certified design so it already has a captured market where prices are beyond ridiculous yet it’s being offered to EAB world?

Your build but why would you want 1960s tech on anything new, especially a 14?

Assuming they have service life/limits still. Are you paying more than $0.50/lb? The hub probably has the recurring UT inspection. Hard to give those away.

I’m a natural skeptic especially when involving money. It is a certified design so it already has a captured market where prices are beyond ridiculous yet it’s being offered to EAB world?

Your build but why would you want 1960s tech on anything new, especially a 14?

I have access to a free "b" hub that's in perfect shape. Would this prop not perform better than the FP Sensinich I'm currently using?

I have access to a free "b" hub that's in perfect shape. Would this prop not perform better than the FP Sensinich I'm currently using?

Your approach makes me question a whole lot but that’s my problem. Assuming whatever PP you have can be configured (back) to CS prop use then, yes. That 1960’s tech would beat that even older tech over a wider range of the mission envelope.

Me aside, there’s some very smart and knowledgeable people here. Give a collective listen with an open mind.

Stay safe, Sir.

Last edited:
Your approach makes me question a whole lot but that’s my problem. Assuming whatever PP you have can be configured (back) to CS prop use then, yes. That 1960’s tech would beat that even older tech over a wider range of the mission envelope.

Me aside, there’s some very smart and knowledgeable people here. Give a collective listen with an open mind.

Stay safe, Sir.

I just finished changing the engine to a front governor and it's quite simple to change it back to CS.

I know there are plenty of very knowledgeable people here which is why I'm asking. I'm quite knowledgeable about engines but utterly ignorant about CS props. That said, a part can be inspected and it can be determined if it's within limits regardless of what is recorded in a log book. My best guess, which is why I'm asking here, is that propeller blades are a quite robust part.

If, and a big if, I decide to move forward with this (unlikely) the parts will be properly inspected.

Gary and member Freemasm, You have both been helpful. Thanks.

Thanks Gary, that's very helpful. Do you know if those blades will fit in the "B" hub?

It is my understanding that they will fit. The OUTSIDE of the "B" hub has more material and that is how I can tell the hub is not a "B" hub. (Space between the blade bolt heads is not removed on the "B" hub. It is solid from the two bolt heads on each blade.) [hope I typed this correctly so that it can be understood.]

"B" hub image.

IMG_2160.jpg

Log books usually "disappear" for a reason. Coming from a long career in Part 121 stuff like this amazes me.

Back