What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cable end for matco brake valve

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I have the matco brake valve to install. I need a cable nut for the arm.

This one looks right:
05-16245, the last one on the list, seems best but not sure if it is long enough to fit the width of the arm.

Anyone know if this is the right thing?

I used that style on our plane, ones I already had laying around so not sure of the model #

I did a lot of work making the valve work with the cable and also get the idiot light to function properly. Like others, I had to re-drill the hole in the arm so it was closer to the pivot. Otherwise, the cable was too flexible (so I effectively shortened the throw.)

I used that style on my Matco valve. One lesson learned is to bend the cable end to prevent it from pulling thru the B nut if the set screw loosens. Mine was installed as a pull to set the brake, so the brake pressure was set until I disassembled the center tunnel to move the lever to the off position (off position is shown in the photo). The cable housing also has some safety wire around it as a backup to prevent any movement in the Adel clamp standoff.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Attachments

• RV12 N896HS Matco Parking Valve.jpg
    RV12 N896HS Matco Parking Valve.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 58
Back