What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cable amount for G3X instalation

Guilhermepilot

Well Known Member
hello folks

I could not find on installation manual the amount cable needed to install a package with one GDU 370 with eis plus 2 AP servos

they mentioned cables 22, 16, 12 awg but not the estimated amount Needed, in my case will be a 7A

This depends entirely on how you run the wire, just estimate it and buy more if you run out. You will mainly be using 22 gauge 2 and 3 conductor cables.

I would contact SteinAir, they can draw up an avionics interconnect drawing that will easily pay for itself ($150 I think) in mis-ordered supplies and shipping. Once you have the drawing you can estimate the length/type for each wire and you have a great checklist to complete the wiring.
Don't forget shielded, unshielded, twisted pairs, single wires, connectors, pins, solder sleeves, heat shrink etc.

I would contact SteinAir, they can draw up an avionics interconnect drawing that will easily pay for itself ($150 I think) in mis-ordered supplies and shipping. Once you have the drawing you can estimate the length/type for each wire and you have a great checklist to complete the wiring.
Don't forget shielded, unshielded, twisted pairs, single wires, connectors, pins, solder sleeves, heat shrink etc.

Thats an idea i will calll them

We actually have a wiring package kit that we have put together (and should be on our website shortly) for a complete G3X installation. The kit should have all the appropriate wire, solder sleeves, thermocouple wire, etc.. for you to build your own wiring harness for a G3X installation, or you could alternatively have us build one. We've had a number of people build their own, and after we've done so many we just decided to put a package together. The harness is more expensive because you're paying us the labor to assemble it, but if you like doing your own work it certainly isn't overly difficult to do your own, just somewhat tedious at time. Naturally we can also provide a complete wiring diagram if you should desire that as well (though the G3X manual does a pretty good job).

Cheers,
Stein

We actually have a wiring package kit that we have put together (and should be on our website shortly) for a complete G3X installation. The kit should have all the appropriate wire, solder sleeves, thermocouple wire, etc.. for you to build your own wiring harness for a G3X installation, or you could alternatively have us build one. We've had a number of people build their own, and after we've done so many we just decided to put a package together. The harness is more expensive because you're paying us the labor to assemble it, but if you like doing your own work it certainly isn't overly difficult to do your own, just somewhat tedious at time. Naturally we can also provide a complete wiring diagram if you should desire that as well (though the G3X manual does a pretty good job).

Cheers,
Stein

Stein I sent you a pm

We have added a "4cyl" and a "6cyl" wiring package kit to our website specifically for G3X installations. The package has what we consider the appropriate amount of single conductor wires, multi conductor shielded wires, solder sleeves, some terminals, shield ground leads, thermocouple wire and a few other odds/ends. There are 2 different packages mainly because of the differences in lengths of thermocouple wire from a 4cyl to a 6 cyl. It does not include the Garmin connectors and pins (those come when you buy the actual G3X package itself). Anyway, thanks for Guilherme for getting us off our rear ends to finally do this!

Cheers,
Stein

Back